- New command line option
-finline to control inlining.
- New backend for hybrid 64-bit–32-bit PowerPC code.
- Qualification Support Kit for ISO 26262, DO-178B/C, and other safety standards.
- Support for hybrid PowerPC port.
- Inline assembler can now be skipped via the new configuration
- More uniform printing of error messages.
- Now avoiding generation of useless conditional branches for empty
- Removed reloading of the LR register in leaf functions for the PowerPC backend.
- Early optimization of redundant
- Built-in arguments extended with a pointer addition operator.
This enables more addressing modes to be encoded as built-in arguments,
and to be used in conjunction with volatile memory accesses.
- Reduced operator strength for 64-bit PowerPC instructions.
- Unique error codes added for more error messages.
- ARM in Thumb mode: simpler instruction sequence for branch through jump table.
- Now using temporary files for objects if CompCert is used to compile and link.
- More strict check for modifiable
- No code is generated for non-static “inline definitions”.
- Fixed crash for redefined composite with different tag.
- Fixed assertion failure in register allocation for overflow in undefined address calculation.
- Fix for illegal PowerPC asm generated for unsigned division after constant propagation.
- Fixed issue with illegal assembly generated for function calls in large code blocks that use more than four floating-point arguments.
- Overflow in ARM assembly addressing caused by large stack frames where return address and back link are at offsets ≥ 4kB.
- Made sure that
sizeof(long double) = sizeof(double) in all contexts to improve consistency in case the option
-flongdouble is used.
Prefixed the CompCert arithmetic helper functions with