CompCert release 20.04
- New architecture AArch64.
- Support for vertical tab characters if they are not removed by the preprocessor.
- New error message for unknown
- New error messages for malformed section attributes.
- Improved error message for redefinition of typedefs.
- Improved printing of types in diagnostic messages.
- Better treating of
- Improved handling of location lists in DWARF.
- The reference interpreter now accepts
which according to ISO C is correct and does nothing.
ec_readonly condition is reduced to the strict minimum needed
to show the correctness of value analysis for const globals.
- In strict PowerPC EABI mode, single-precision floating-point arguments
passed on stack are passed as a 64-bit word, extended to double precision.
- Enforced normalization for x86 and AArch64 backends
of parts of return values not specified in the ABI.
- More precise determination of small data accesses
to avoid linker errors due to sda offsets that are too large.
- In PPC Diab, the internal type of wide character constant
has been set to
- In certain rare cases, the int64-to-float32 conversion
led to a double rounding. This is now avoided.