CompCert release 22.10
- Support for the
_Generic selection from ISO C 2011.
__builtin_nop is now available for all architectures.
- Improved warning for unprototyped function declarations.
- Improved control-flow analysis of calls to “noreturn” functions,
resulting in more accurate warnings.
- Error messages now include conflicting SDA mappings
if no satisfying SDA mapping is found.
- Now recognizing more if-then-else statements that can be if-converted.
- Support for mergeable string and literal sections
on architectures that support mergeable sections.
- Stricter type compatibility for enumeration types.
- Improved support for unprototyped function types in casts.
- Now emitting additional producer information
that is stored in the .comment section of the binary.
- Improved matching of routines located at address
- Improved Windows usability for .json input files.
- PowerPC for VLE: Enforcing VLE mode for Valex to avoid problems with ambiguous binaries.
- Reworked the computation of the struct layout
data for debugging information.
- RISC-V: Fixed link-time errors caused by tail calls to far-away functions.