- Support for 32-bit PowerPC VLE with the NXP-GCC toolchain.
- Support for floating-point register constraints
for inputs and outputs in GCC-style extended inline assembly
for AArch64, PowerPC, PowerPC VLE, RISC-V, and x86.
- Support for the attribute
weak to emit symbols as weak for elf targets.
- Support for bitfields of types other than
provided that they are no larger than 32 bits.
- New built-in functions
- Initial frontend support for
- New diagnostic for invalid initializer of flexible array member.
- Support for "#line 0 ..." directives emitted by the GCC 11 preprocessor.
Unnamed non bit-field members that are not allowed in C
are no longer taken into account for GCC compatibility in the layout of structs or unions.
Instead, CompCert now generates a warning for them.