RuleChecker is a static program analyzer that automatically checks your C code
for compliance with MISRA rules, CERT recommendations, and other coding guidelines.
RuleChecker primarily targets safety-critical embedded applications,
but can also be used to analyze any structured C programs, handwritten or generated,
with complex memory usages, dynamic memory allocation, and recursion.
- MISRA 2004
- MISRA 2012
- MISRA 2012 Amendment 1
- MISRA AC AGC
- ISO/IEC TS 17961:2013 (C Secure Coding Rules)
- SEI CERT Secure C
- MITRE CWE (Common Weakness Enumeration)
- HIS metrics
- Your very own in-house coding guidelines (on request)
- Easy configuration, allowing you to toggle individual rules and even specific aspects of certain rules.
- Exceptionally fast analyses for complex real-world programs with hundreds of thousands lines of code.
- Various statistics and code metrics, such as comment density or cyclomatic complexity.
Optional checks for metric thresholds.
- Interactive graphs, charts, and tables for efficient exploration of the analysis results.
- Customizable reports for documentation and certification purposes.
Batch mode for use in continuous integration frameworks. Plugins for TargetLink, Jenkins, and Eclipse.
- Optional integration with the runtime error analyzer Astrée
to guarantee zero false negatives and minimize false positives on semantical rules.
Who uses RuleChecker?
The global automotive supplier Helbako in Germany is using
RuleChecker to demonstrate MISRA compliance
of their electronic control software.
MTU Friedrichshafen is using RuleChecker to demonstrate the correctness
of control software for emergency power generators
in power plants.
We offer a special Qualification Support Kit
for RuleChecker that simplifies the qualification process for DO-178B/C,
ISO 26262, IEC 61508, EN-50128, the FDA Principles of Software Validation,
and other safety standards.
Request your free trial package today.