ValueAnalyzer for PowerPC is a tool for static analysis of register and memory contents.
It is particularly useful for verifying the absence of illegal accesses to an embedded
software system from within third-party modules provided as object code.
- The analysis is fully automatic and valid for all inputs.
No input patterns need to be provided.
- The analysis performed by ValueAnalyzer is conservative, i.e. the results are safe.
All illegal accesses that are present will also be reported.
- Supplied third-party software can be analyzed right away.
It does not have to be integrated on the ECU.
- No debug information is required. The results are not affected by
possible bugs in the debug output.
- Seamless integration with other analysis tools from AbsInt
for stack usage analysis) in a single intuitive user interface.
- Diab C compiler of Wind River (C and Ada source code)
- Green Hills compiler (C and Ada source code)
- GNU C Compiler (GCC) and HighTec GNU C Compiler
- GNU Ada compiler (GNAT)
- CodeWarrior from Freescale
The standard license only covers one compiler of your choice. Additional compilers can be unlocked for a surcharge.
Supported processor derivates
- General 32-bit and 64-bit PowerPC processors with PPC and VLE instruction set
- AltiVec is not supported
- Supported CPUs include, but are not limited to:
- PowerPC MPC5200
- PowerPC MPC555
- PowerPC MPC561
- PowerPC MPC562
- PowerPC MPC563
- PowerPC MPC564
- PowerPC MPC565
- PowerPC MPC566
- PowerPC MPC5533
- PowerPC MPC5534
- PowerPC MPC5553
- PowerPC MPC5554
- PowerPC MPC5561
- PowerPC MPC5566
- PowerPC MPC5668G
- PowerPC MPC5674F
- PowerPC MPC5777M
- PowerPC MPC8247/MPC8248/MPC8271/MPC8272
- PowerPC MPC8250/MPC8255/MPC8260/MPC8264/MPC8265/MPC8266
- PowerPC MPC8270/MPC8275/MPC8280
- PowerPC MPC8240
- PowerPC MPC8241
- PowerPC MPC8245
- PowerPC MPC8349E
- PowerPC MPC755
- PowerPC MPC7448
- PowerPC PPC750
- ST SPC58NE84
- ST SPC58NN84
The standard license only covers either 32-bit or 64-bit PowerPCs. Unlocking both is available for twice the price.
- Windows: 64-bit Windows 7 SP1 or newer
- Linux: 64-bit CentOS/RHEL 6 or compatible
- 4 GB of RAM (16 GB recommended)
- 4 GB of disk space
- The Linux version requires the
libxcb-* family of libraries to be installed
- Support for macOS High Sierra 10.13 or newer is possible on request for a surcharge